Designing Austin’s Fashion Ecosystem
Austin Fashion Initiative amplifies the regional fashion industry through network support, resource access and cross-industry collaboration.
Join the Initiative
At its core, Austin Fashion Initiative is a formal network of fashion-related businesses and professionals operating in the central Texas region. Becoming an AFI member integrates you into a community dedicated to supporting and nurturing your success. AFI’s resources and benefits grow with each additional membership, and we work directly with you to address your specific needs and showcase your unique contribution to our industry.
- Inclusion in a collaborative community. Each AFI member brings unique experiences, perspectives, and resources to the table. AFI works to curate and leverage these strengths to help address specific needs in the development of fashion businesses throughout the industry supply-chain. Access to the AFI membership means you know where to turn when faced with new challenges and opportunities.
- Promotion and enthusiastic support of your fashion-related business, skills, services, events, sales, and product offering. No matter the size or type of your fashion-related business, we’re ready to showcase the awesome work that you do by sharing relevant content on social media and with the Austin community.
- Cross Industry Collaboration. AFI is dedicated to leveraging the other amazing industry resources Austin has to offer. Gain access to a network that will work to make strategic connections intersecting Austin’s film, music, food, retail, media, technology and entrepreneurial industries.
- Membership Directory. As an AFI member, you’ll gain access to the full directory of professional and affiliate members.
- Jobs Board. View or post available opportunities for internships, contract, part-time, or full-time positions.
- LinkedIn Group Access. Our private LinkedIn Group allows you to share content, ideas and news directly with AFI Members.
- Slack Channel. Our Slack channel will keep you engaged with the membership community, facilitating on-going collaborative conversations and strengthening member relationships.
- Exclusive Member Events and Resources. Receive discounts for professional development workshops, access member-only content and worksheets online, and participate in networking events.
- Advocacy and Leadership. As the founder of AFI, Jennifer Millspaugh works with business, non-profit and government organizations to highlight Austin’s unique contribution to the global fashion community. AFI provides leadership for Austin's fashion industry and advocacy for its members.
Looking for More Benefits?
Upgrade your membership.
Become an AFI Sponsor≫
Annual Membership Fees
Annual Rolling Membership (Membership is renewable a year from date of purchase).
AFI offers membership levels that grow with your business. Membership of AFI is open to anyone who works within or supports Austin's fashion industry.
Members of AFI include individuals who work full-time or own/operate businesses in the fashion industry throughout every level of the supply chain: design, promotion, sales, production and distribution, such as designers, sourcing and logistics experts, retailers, manufacturers, stylists, brand and marketing experts, PR and sales agents, models and more.
Our membership also encourages cross-sector collaboration by including those who provide vital assistance to the fashion industry, such as venture capitalists / investors, attorneys, accountants, insurance agencies, media agencies, other service providers, and individuals and organizations (public, private, non-profit, government, education institutions) that would like to support Austin Fashion Initiative.
- Individual: $150
- Emerging: $250 for up to 2 members
- Expansion: $500 for up to 4 members
- Established: Contact us for custom membership packages for 5+ members.
Individuals who are actively enrolled in a higher education program are eligible for the student membership level. Please note that student member benefits are limited to the online resources, membership directory, jobs board, and select member-event participation.
- Student: $35