The Austin Fashion Initiative (AFI) is a social impact venture designed to promote and support Austin’s fashion industry.
AFI exists to establish Austin as a center for fashion innovation by amplifying entrepreneurship, facilitating cross-sector collaboration, and designing an ecosystem of resources. AFI focuses on five key areas:
- Promotion: Local advocacy, national & international story telling & sharing.
- Economic Development: Infrastructure creation, business recruitment, entrepreneurship.
- Resources: Resource identification and development, linking opportunities, needs and solutions and assisting with logistics and problem solving.
- Education: Workshop development, experience creation, institutional partnerships.
- Connection: Network development across local, national and international ecosystems.
Where do we start?
AFI is beginning to pursue it's mission by building a collaborative community and hosting engaging networking events to showcase what amazing resources, individuals and businesses currently exist in Austin, and learn about what we need to develop. As our community grows, we'll be creating resources to amplify our industry.
How can you help? Becoming a member or sponsor helps us learn who is actively participating in this industry, and what resources you need to take your career or business to the next level. It helps us learn where we should focus our resources and efforts in the creation of a fashion industry innovation pipeline for Austin.